CPA Programming Essentials in C++
This course covers all the basics of programming in the C++ programming language as well as the fundamental concepts and techniques used in object-oriented programming. The course starts with some universal basics, without relying on object concepts, and gradually extends to the advanced issues the student will encounter when using the objective approach.
The course is broken down into 9 modules. Each student has access to hands-on practice materials, quizzes and assessments to learn how to utilize the skills and knowledge gained on the course and interact with some real-life programming tasks and situations.
The aim of the course is to familiarize the student with the universal concepts of computer programming, present the syntax, semantics and basic data types of the C++ language, discuss the principles of the object-oriented model and its implementation in the C++ language, and demonstrate the means to resolve typical implementation problems with the help of standard C++ language libraries.
During the course, students will study the following objectives:
- Introduction to compiling and software development,
- Basic scalar data types, operators, flow control, streamed input/output, conversions,
- Declaring, defining and invoking functions, function overloading,
- Data aggregates,
- Strings processing, exceptions handling, dealing with namespaces,
- Object-oriented approach and its vocabulary,
The course is broken down into 9 modules:
- Installing and using your programming environment
- Introduction to computer programming
- Advanced flow control and data aggregates
- Extending expressive power: pointers, functions and memory
- Accessing different kinds of data
- Object programming essentials
- Operators and enumerated types